Agreement to terms
By using Oaklas, you, the consumer, agree to all terms of service provided below.
Eligibility for use of service
To be eligible to use our service, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Be capable of entering into a legally binding contract;
- Have a valid a verifiable email address;
By entering into this agreement, you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set out above.
Our Intellectual Property
Our website and service are the exclusive property of Oaklas. Information provided by our website are not intended to create legally binding assurances. Any information garnered by you, the consumer from our website is subject to regular change by us - Oaklas.
You must not copy, imitate, modify, alter, amend or use without our prior written consent any URLs representing our Website, or any of our content, logos, graphics, icons or other content published on our Website or in our printed media.
Limitation of Liabilities
To the full extent permitted by law:
- Oaklas’s liability for all claims arising under or related in any way to this Agreement no matter how arising, and whether in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, will not exceed:(A) $500; or, if that limit is found to be unenforceable;
- $1,000; or, if that limit is found to be unenforceable;
- the total value of any affected Order(s); and
- Oaklas and its related bodies corporate, or any third party providing services on behalf of Oaklas, will not be liable to you for any Consequential Loss arising under or related in any way to this Agreement no matter how arising and whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise.
- Oaklas and its related bodies corporate, or any third party providing services on behalf of Oaklas, and the directors, employees, officers, agents and representatives of them, will not, to the extent permitted by law, be liable for any loss or damage (including any direct, indirect or Consequential Loss or damage) you or any third party may incur from your purchase or use of any goods or services from a Retailer, except to the extent that we cause such loss or damage (in which case, our liability to you is limited as set out in clause 5(a)(i) above). You acknowledge that any consumer-related claims you may have in respect of the goods or services purchased from a Retailer will be a matter between you and the Retailer.
- To the extent permitted by law, a party’s liability to the other party under or in connection with this Agreement is reduced to the extent, if any, to which the other party’s acts or omissions cause or contribute to its own loss or damage.
- The parties will take all reasonable steps to mitigate any loss incurred by them under this Agreement.
What Oaklas does not assure
Oaklas does not ensure that any bid made through our website will reach the corresponding retailer.
In the occurrence that a bid reaches the corresponding retailer, Oaklas does not ensure a response from the retailer
In the occurrence that a retailer responds to a bid, Oaklas does not ensure that:
- The bid will be accepted; or
- The bid will be rejected; or
- That any transaction will consequently follow
In the occurrence that a retailer wishes to accept a bid, Oaklas does not ensure the materialisation of that transaction and any disputes resulting, whether it has to do with acceptance or price or any other matter is between the consumer and retailer.